Pat McCarthy is the author of a dozen nonfiction books for children and young adults. She has published numerous stories, articles, puzzles and quizzes in magazines for children and adults. She teaches for the Institute of Children's Literature. She has also written encyclopedia articles and school curriculum. Pat is a retired elementary school teacher who subs to remain in touch with kids. Her hobbies are photography, travel, birding and scrapbooking.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

School's Out!

Well, school is out and I'm through subbing for the year. I've enjoyed it for the most part, but it will be nice to have more time.

I heard back from all three editors I e-mailed last week. Two wanted writing samples, which I sent, and the other wants me to submit a proposal and says he'll work with me on it. He's sending me another book in the series to pattern this book after. So that sounds quite promising!

I'm busy getting ready to go to my sister's on Wednesday night. I'll leave from Dayton after the Photo Club Board meeting, which will probably be over about 9. That will get me to her house about midnight. The next day we're going to Pennsylvania to spend a week scrapbooking with our friend, Becky. Our other friend, Karen, will join us there on Sunday and stay till Wednesday. So I'm sorting through all my stuff so there will be room in the van for my stuff and Kay's!

I'm also trying to go through the big plastic tubs where I put everything from the garage when I had it made into a family room. I'm trying to sort things and get them ready for a garage sale on June 23. Hopefully I can get rid of a lot of stuff and make some money for the Birders Virginia trip at the end of the month.

Thursday night was the Photo Club Banquet. I won a People's Choice Award for the Smokies photo of the sun rays streaming through the trees in the fog. They also gave me a funny award for being the person with the most colorful glasses! I got a huge pair of pink sunglasses, and a bag with four pair of Dollar Tree glasses (that's where I buy them!) Also got an award for amassing 750 Service Points to the club over the past 17 years. At the last board meeting, they made me go to the restroom while they decided what to get me. I was happily surprised to get a gift bag with two 2 gigabyte cards for my Canon digital Rebel XT! I can shoot forever without running out of cards!

Well, back to work on my sorting.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home