Pat McCarthy is the author of a dozen nonfiction books for children and young adults. She has published numerous stories, articles, puzzles and quizzes in magazines for children and adults. She teaches for the Institute of Children's Literature. She has also written encyclopedia articles and school curriculum. Pat is a retired elementary school teacher who subs to remain in touch with kids. Her hobbies are photography, travel, birding and scrapbooking.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Productive Writing Day

Well, I got quite a lot done today. I sent out letters to seven publishers that do YA biographies, asking if they have any biographies to assign.

I sent resumes, too.

Then I wrote three articles and submitted them to www.ezinearticles.com.

One is on what you need to get started in scrapbooking, one is on Flag Day and the other is on the history of jigsaw puzzles. If I don't sub tomorrow, I hope to get caught up with my lessons from ICL. I didn't get any new ones today - just a check. I've gotten seven new students, but have only heard from one so far. I already critiqued her assignment and wrote the letter. I know she will be anxious to hear. Hope to get more students soon.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home