Pat McCarthy is the author of a dozen nonfiction books for children and young adults. She has published numerous stories, articles, puzzles and quizzes in magazines for children and adults. She teaches for the Institute of Children's Literature. She has also written encyclopedia articles and school curriculum. Pat is a retired elementary school teacher who subs to remain in touch with kids. Her hobbies are photography, travel, birding and scrapbooking.

Friday, July 27, 2007

River Downs



Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda McCurley said...

I absolutely love the second picture. You can feel the race, the jockey's tension, and the grace and strength of the horses. Great work.

fireofsorrow
http://fireofsorrow.blogspot.com/

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Another Writer said...

Great looking site! Looking forward to reading more! Believe it or not, I think I have one children's book in me, so it will be fun to pick your brain!

Best,
Taryn Simpson
www.MangoTreeCafe-LoiKrohRoad.blogspot.com

6:56 AM

 
Blogger The Lieurance Group said...

Hey, Pat,

What gorgeous photos!

You have more fun than anyone I know!

You go, girl!

Suzanne Lieurance
The Working Writer's Coach
http://www.workingwriterscoach.com

1:25 PM

 
Blogger All the best, Kate said...

Wow! I didn't realize how talented you are. I love horses and feel like I've just been to Louisville, KY.
Thanks!

7:34 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow, awesome photos! Nice site too. Good luck on your books. They look great. Do you market them to homeschoolers? I homeschooled my kids for nine years, and these look like the kind of books I would have been very interested to buy.

8:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home