Pat McCarthy is the author of a dozen nonfiction books for children and young adults. She has published numerous stories, articles, puzzles and quizzes in magazines for children and adults. She teaches for the Institute of Children's Literature. She has also written encyclopedia articles and school curriculum. Pat is a retired elementary school teacher who subs to remain in touch with kids. Her hobbies are photography, travel, birding and scrapbooking.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Wow! I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've posted anything! I've been busy. First I had to get the outline done for my book. It was due June 18, but I had to leave for a week on the 14th, so I had to do it fast. I e-mailed it on the 13th and it was approved by the 15th. But I was in Pennsylvania, having a good time scrapbooking at Becky's house with her, Kay, and Karen. Went to my sister, Kay's near Akron on Thursday, and we drove over to Becky's on Friday. Back to Kay's on Thursday and home on Friday. Then I started working on the book. Have to work hard because I'm leaving Thursday morning for a four-day birding trip to West Virginia. I'll have a week to finish it when I get home. And I had to prepare a Powerpoint presentation to give at Birders club tonight, about my trip in November to Wolf Park and Jasper/Pulaski Wildlife Area. Tomorrow night I have Photo Club Board meeting, and since it's going to be a luau, I think it will go later than usual. I have to make a fruit salad to take to that. Okay, back to work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is 4:40 a.m.. I got up got coffee and came out to turn the computer on to see the weather and found your email. After I figured out your URL for your blog. You had one too many 'm' in it so it wouldn't work as sent. Anyway. I looked at your pictures and they are very nice and then read the narratives or posts and enjoyed that. I can't get used to the hectic like some lead or it seems that way. I like some normal periods.

Of the pictures I think I like the turkey and the the deer. What was your lens? I guess I should have asked what your camera is.

Anyway. Thanks for the address. I will stay in touch. Congratulations on all your books. I might ask is writing books "work" yet? When it becomes work then I don't like it. That's why I like to do my own thing and worry about publishing it later.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

1:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home