Pat McCarthy is the author of a dozen nonfiction books for children and young adults. She has published numerous stories, articles, puzzles and quizzes in magazines for children and adults. She teaches for the Institute of Children's Literature. She has also written encyclopedia articles and school curriculum. Pat is a retired elementary school teacher who subs to remain in touch with kids. Her hobbies are photography, travel, birding and scrapbooking.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Horizon Science Academy Visit

My visit to Horizon Science Academy Middle School in Columbus was great. The students were awesome! They were so polite and attentive and asked great questions. I had a wonderful day with them. A big thanks to Miss Caroline Clarke, seventh grade English teacher, who coordinated the visit.
I went from there to my sister's near Akron. After spending the last week baking cookies, going to Focus Photo Club, and preparing for my school visit, I was exhausted. I went to bed at 8:30 and slept till 10:00 the next morning! I NEVER go to bed before midnight!
Kay and I spent the next few days Christmas shopping (although we did manage to find our way into several scrapbooking places...). We drove home on Wednesday. The predicted rain in the morning, changing to snow by noon in Greenville. I was concerned about having to drive on icy roads, so we left at 8:00. The weather was really strange - bright sun, a rainbow, black clouds, torrential rain for a few minutes, lighter rain, more sun, etc. It was dry from about Springfield home and it didn't start to snow till we were about seven miles from Greenville. There was little accumulation, but we had 50 MPH winds, with higher gusts. So I didn't go to the Photo Club Board Meeting that night in Dayton. I don't like driving a van in winds like that, especially at night.
Today at 1:00, my Greenville graduating class is having a luncheon. Those are always fun. We usually have around 20 people. Kay is going with me. She was three years behind me, but knows most of them. We're going to dinner with my friends tonight at Longfellow's, then I'm going to a Crop at the ARTifacts scrapbook store. I'm going to try to scrap my pictures from the Photo Club trip to the Indianapolis Zoo in October. Kay's staying here and wrapping Christmas presents. We did that last night, too. She's probably staying till Tuesday, then I'll take her partway home to meet her husband, Randy.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

12:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

11:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home