Pat McCarthy is the author of a dozen nonfiction books for children and young adults. She has published numerous stories, articles, puzzles and quizzes in magazines for children and adults. She teaches for the Institute of Children's Literature. She has also written encyclopedia articles and school curriculum. Pat is a retired elementary school teacher who subs to remain in touch with kids. Her hobbies are photography, travel, birding and scrapbooking.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

News on the Book Front

My website is up now! It's nothing fancy, but at least it's a place people can go if they are interested in booking a school visit. So far I have one paid one booked, and one freebie at the school where I taught. I'm only doing free ones in Greenville City Schools. That's Greenville, OH, not all the other Greenvilles in all the other states! Last Monday I was interviewed on the Robin Falls Kids Blog Talk Radio show. April interviewed me about the pioneer book and I read from the book and answered questions. The show lasted an hour.

This weekend is Prairie Days at Darke County Parks' Nature Center here in Greenville. I'm doing booksignings both days for Heading West: Life with the Pioneers. It's at 1:00 on Saturday and 12:30 on Sunday. The rest of the time on both days I'll be working in the gift shop. I'm having company for the weekend. My friend Marge is coming from Pennsylvania to "sit in the log house and look pretty," as Roger put it. She has a pretty pioneer dress and sits at the spinning wheel.

I've been invited to participate in the Buckeye Book Festival in Wooster, OH on November 7. I had to send a book for them to look at before I got the invitation. I guess they liked it! There will be 100 authors and illustrators with ties to Ohio. They sold 7000 books last year! I won't make any money upfront, but I'll get royalties later on the books I sell. It all adds up! It was timed perfectly, because I have Photo Club on Nov. 5, then planned to go to Kay's to scrapbook. So I'll go on the 6th, then to Wooster on the 7th, then back to Kay's. Wooster is the county seat of the county where she lives. Becky will join us to scrap.

Am still waiting for Chicago Review Press to okay my outline and activities for my next book, so I can get a contract and start working on it.

I subbed in fourth grade today, and sold three copies of the book to teachers at the school. Of course I have them with me at all times! And it pays off.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger dj said...

GOod luck at the festival! Please tell us how it goes and what you think of it.

3:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home