Pat McCarthy is the author of a dozen nonfiction books for children and young adults. She has published numerous stories, articles, puzzles and quizzes in magazines for children and adults. She teaches for the Institute of Children's Literature. She has also written encyclopedia articles and school curriculum. Pat is a retired elementary school teacher who subs to remain in touch with kids. Her hobbies are photography, travel, birding and scrapbooking.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

     I've been invited to autograph my two latest books at the Buckeye Book Fair in Wooster, Ohio on Saturday, November 2. It will be held at Fisher Auditorium on the OARDC Campus in Wooster.
     I participated in this book fair three years ago when my pioneer book came out. This year they contacted me through my publisher to invite me. One hundred Ohio authors and illustrators are invited to participate.
I'll be signing copies of Friends of the Earth: A History of American Environmentalists and Heading West: Life with the Pioneers.  Both books were published by Chicago Review Press and each has 21 activities for kids to do.

     The information on my business cards was out of
date, so I printed up some to use this weekend, then I'll get some nicer ones printed when I have time. I'll need to leave home about 6:00 am in order to be there half an hour before the fair begins.

     Would love it if anyone could come to the book fair, so if you live in that area, you might want to drop by and see all the authors from Ohio!

     The Buckeye Book Fair e-mailed my local newspaper, The Daily Advocate. Linda Moody, one of their writers, contacted me and will interview me tomorrow and run a story about me and my books this weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great web site you have here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing like
yours nowadays. I really appreciate people like you!

Take care!!

My web page - foot fetish cam, ,

9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home